Preparing for a Permanent Cosmetic Tattoo Procedure
Getting permanent makeup or cosmetic tattoo is not something that you should do on a whim. It is important that you come in prepared, physically and mentally. Keep in mind that a permanent makeup procedure is not something you can do on your lunch hour, there is down time required. It is important to schedule your permanent cosmetic makeup appointment around your social calendar or activity. Put off any activity that will expose you to dust and dirt until after your tattoo has healed and the swelling has gone down. In order to ensure the success and safety of your cosmetic tattoo procedure, keep these things in mind.
• Prior to your appointment, talk to your cosmetic tattoo artist. You need to have a full understanding of the procedure and likewise your technician will need to know your expectations.
• Know that there will be discomfort and while your technician will do what is necessary to make you comfortable as possible, remember that this is a tattoo.
• If it is your first time having a cosmetic tattoo procedure done and you feel like you will be nervous and twitchy, ask your doctor for something that will help with the anxiety and discomfort.
• Don’t hesitate to ask questions and voice any concern you may have prior to the procedure.
• If you are on any medication or use skin care products that may cause a contraindication, it is important to let your cosmetic tattoo artist know. You will need to get a release form from your doctor. This is especially necessary if you are on any blood thinners which can affect the outcome of the procedure.
• You can take some ibuprofen 30 minutes before the procedure for additional comfort.
• Be prepared to provide a complete record of your medical history including allergies, recent surgeries,homeopathic remedies, current medications, eye problems, facial treatments, laser procedures and etc.
• Have the necessary after-care products you will need including sun glasses, ice packs, ointments, antibacterial cream and other comfort items you will need while you stay indoors.
• Avoid alcohol and caffeine at least 2 days prior to the procedure. Drink a lot of water to keep the skin hydrated, this will help the pigment adhere easily.
• Avoid any tanning and sun exposure a couple of weeks before the procedure.
• For eyeliner and eyebrow procedures, do not wear any mascara or contact lenses on the day of your appointment.
• DO bring photos of what you want your eyeliner, eyebrow or lip makeup to look like for guidance. You can also come in with eyebrow or eyeliner on so your technician can see what you want the permanent makeup to look like.
• Prepare your mind. Remember that if you make up your mind that you can do it, you will. If you set your mind up that it will hurt, then it will.
For more information on cosmetic tattoo procedures in Las Vegas, call us at (702)-635-1356 or visit http://cosmeticefx.com.